To permit Co-owners to install an awning for their deck provided it is in accordance with the guidelines below.
To clarify the process and criteria for installation and maintenance of awnings.
- Co-owners who want to install an awning (at their expense) on the exterior of their Unit will need to submit a “Request for Exterior Modifications & Additions.” An approval will remain in effect as long as the Co-owner is in compliance with this policy and any specific provisions contained in the written Board approval letter. Non-compliance will result in retraction of the approval.
- Each application will be reviewed based on its individual merits, and will take into consideration the suitability, site, and degree of harmony with the Condominium as a whole, including how the awning may impact Co-owners in adjacent or near by units.
- The model, color of the fabric, and color of the frame shall be the same for all installations: Marygrove Awning, Beige Frame, Linen #037 fabric.
- The awning shall be equipped with a sensor that automatically retracts the awning in high winds.
- Installation of the awning shall be by a Marygrove representative.
- The awning shall be attached to the wall under the soffit, or to the soffit providing that additional supporting brackets attached to the roof trusses have first been installed.
- The awning shall not be attached to the fascia or roof.
- The awning shall be retracted overnight and when not in use.
- The Co-owner shall maintain the awning in an operable condition, and ensure that the fabric is not excessively faded and remains reasonably clean. Failure to do so will result in the removal of the awning & any necessary repair to the building, all at Co-owner expense.
- The Co-owner shall indemnify and hold the Association harmless from and against all costs, damages, and liabilities incurred with respect to this exterior modification (Bylaws, Article VI, Sections 3(A))
Approved August 10, 2016