Looking for something to do? This is a list of many things we’ve found in the greater Muskegon community and in the region beyond. If you have more ideas to add to the list, please contact our website manager.
Culture and Entertainment
If you are new to Muskegon, you will be glad to know that within about twenty minute’s travel, you can access great restaurants, all varieties of theatrical and musical entertainment, museums, sports facilities, coffee-houses, and libraries.
Here is a link to the Muskegon Events page.
- Summer Festivals at Heritage Landing:
- Muskegon Rockstock (July): http://www.muskegonrockstock.com
- Unity Christian Music Festival (August): http://www.unitymusicfestival.com
- Shoreline Jazz Festival (August 2021 Cancelled): http://www.shorelinejazzfestival.com
- Michigan Irish Musical Festival (September): http://www.michiganirish.org
- Cruise Ships Coming to our Muskegon Port: http://muskegon.org/cruise-ships/
- USS Silversides Naval Museum: http://www.silversidesmuseum.org
- USS LST393: http://www.lst393.org
- Frauenthal Center for the Performing Arts: http://www.frauenthal.org
- West Michigan Symphony: http://westmichigansymphony.org
- Muskegon Museum of Art: http://www.muskegonartmuseum.org
- Hackley Public Library: http://www.hackleylibrary.org
For our many boaters, you are in luck! Right out front and next door are Pigeon Key and Harbour Towne Marinas.
- Harbour Towne Marina: http://www.htownemarina.com, beautifully presented in this video
- Pigeon Key Marina: http://pigeonkeymarina.com/
- Muskegon Yacht Club: http://www.muskegonyachtclub.org
Harbour Towne is within walking distance of Pere Marquette beach and the public beach on Muskegon Lake.
With so many freshwater lakes and rivers, there are, of course, limitless opportunities for catching salmon, perch, walleye, trout and “pan fish.”
The beautiful Muskegon Country Club is but a five minute drive east of here. There are also many fine public golf courses within a short drive.
- Chase Hammond Golf Club on the north side: http://www.chasehammondgolfclub.com/
- Oak Ridge Golf Club on the south side: http://www.golfoakridgegc.com/
Nature Lovers’ Paradise
Muskegon is the center of excellent year-round sport activities. Among the best are:
- PJ Hoffmaster State Park offers miles of hiking trails and cross-country skiing trails, a large campground, and more than three miles of gorgeous Lake Michigan shoreline.
- Muskegon is known nationwide for its Winter Sports Complex, which features an Olympic luge run (one of the only in the country), ice skating, sledding hills, and miles of trails for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.
- We have many shopping areas scattered around Muskegon, including the Lakeside District Association and Western Market. There are several options in downtown Muskegon.
- Don’t miss our downtown Farmers’ Market with Winter and Summer schedules.
- At the intersection of highways I96 and US31 just south of town, there are many options at The Lakes Mall and the surrounding area.
Muskegon is proud to be the home of several colleges.
- Muskegon Community College: http://www.muskegoncc.edu
- Baker College: http://www.baker.edu/baker-college-of-muskegon/
- Western Michigan University: http://wmich.edu/muskegon/
Here are a few more interesting links that may be helpful:
- City of Muskegon: http://www.muskegon-mi.gov/
- MLive – Muskegon news online: http://www.mlive.com/muskegon/
- Muskegon County Airport: http://www.muskegonairport.com
- U.S. Postal Service (to hold mail): https://holdmail.usps.com/holdmail
- Real-Time Meteorological Observation Network (and WebCams) of Lake Michigan at Muskegon: https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/metdata/mkg/
- Current Weather Radar: http://www.intellicast.com