Harbour Towne Condominium Association Coverage and Co-Owner Responsibilities

Harbour Towne Condominium Association (HTCA), as required by our Amended and Restated Bylaws, maintains insurance coverage for our community.  Co-owners are responsible for obtaining their own individual insurance coverage as described in HTCA’s Bylaws Article IV Section 1.B.  In the unfortunate event of a potential claim situation, please take reasonable steps to avoid further loss and contact the Management Company immediately.

Harbour Towne Association Policy Coverage

The current HTCA Master Insurance Policy is currently written through Amerisure Insurance Company (A Rated by AM Best Companies) effective 12/1/2023 to 12/1/2024. HTCA’s insurance agency is Coldbrook Insurance Group located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Mortgage companies may require a certificate of proof of insurance. Coldbrook Insurance Group has issued a certificate to meet those requirements.

Coldbrook Insurance Group has also provided the attached letter for use by Co-Owners to assist in coordination with individual homeowner policy needs.  Co-Owners are encouraged to share this Insurance Letter with your personal insurance agent to ensure appropriate coverage. Co-Owners or their insurance agent can contact Coldbrook Insurance Group representatives – Ryan Osborn or Kathy Zago – for any questions or to obtain any additional information.

Association Insurance Contacts

Kathy Zago – 616-301-6733
Ryan Osborn – 616-301-6747

Co-owner’s Individual Responsibility- HO-6 Policy

Co-Owners are responsible to obtain a HO-6 policy which adequately covers your personal property, coverage for third party lawsuits as a result of negligence (liability within a unit – for example: slip and falls) and coverage that includes alternative living expenses due to a covered loss.   Coverage for alternative living expenses and applicable Co-Owner deductible expense is highly recommended. 

Risk Management/Loss Prevention

Co-Owners should take proactive steps to avoid some preventable issues which can result in potential damages to their unit and personal property.  Coldbrook Insurance Group has provided the following helpful information.