Harbour Towne Condominium Association (HTCA) has in the past and will continue in the future to be impacted by decisions made by the City of Muskegon’s leadership as well as other local area businesses and community organizations. There also may be, from time to time, issues from outside our community that are important to be aware of and to understand if they may also represent challenges or opportunities for HTCA.
Due to the above, the HTCA Board has established a Community Relations Committee to help keep co-owners informed and provide accurate information to the Board.
The goals of HTCA’s Community Relations (CR) Committee are to:
- Proactively establish relationships with governmental, community and business leaders within our community.
- Monitor the activities of the City of Muskegon, retail businesses and community organizations for any future activities affecting HTCA.
- Provide co-owners with accurate informational updates on upcoming plans, changes in policy, and opportunities for individual input.
- As directed by the Board, follow up on specific action steps with any individual or group representative to obtain information or resources as needed.
- Share pertinent state and national news and information that is relatable to similar associations and communities.
In addition to leadership and multiple departments within the City of Muskegon, the other organizations, and groups that the CR Committee has currently targeted for on-going communication include:
Beachwood Bluffton Neighborhood Association
Dockers Fish House
Pigeon Key Marina
Harbour Towne Marina
“The Docks” development
U.S. Army Corp of Engineers
Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes and Energy
The CR Committee’s membership includes a chairperson and three to four co-owners. Members will establish relationships, monitor activities, and provide up-to-date information for assigned organizations. The Committee Chairperson and/or liaison reports monthly on recent activities during Board meetings. The Committee’s role is advisory only and will only take actions or communicate a specific position on an issue as directed by the HTCA Board. Additional businesses and groups will be added to the above list on an as-needed and appropriate basis.
For general issues or concerns, please feel free to contact a CR Committee or Board member. Co-owners having individual concerns or wanting to communicate their position on any issue with the City of Muskegon or any of the above businesses or organizations, should contact them directly. If you are interested in being part of this committee, contact our Property Manager or the Committee Chairperson.
|Barb Vukits, Chair|
(Dockers, HT Marina and Pigeon Key Marina) BVukits@harbourtownecondos.com
|Dave Gerdes, Board Liaison (The Docks and other lakeshore residential developments)|
|Jackie Lindrup (Muskegon County, the City of Muskegon and BBNA)||Adam Rolinski (State of Michigan (EGLE) and U.S. Army Corp of Engineers)|